The memorial fountain to Peterborough’s first Mayor, Henry Pearson Gates is clearly visible with the Cathedral in the background. Many of the buildings on the right hand side were removed in the 1930’s to widen Narrow Street.
One of the new trams is also in the scene.
This image has been produced from an original postcard of the time. Publisher Unknown, from the Keith Gill Collection.