In 1904 Werner Pfleiderer and Perkins established a new factory close to the railway on Westwood Bridge Road (now Westfield Road) to enable manufacture of bakery and chemical machinery to be re-located from London. The company went on to become Baker Perkins.
A further tranche of employees relocated from Willesden in 1933 and the company grew to be one of the most respected suppliers of specialist process equipment worldwide. Throughout the 20th century Baker Perkins played a part in the lives of many in Peterborough.
The business moved to its current state of the art facility beside Paston Parkway in 1991.
In 1904 Werner Pfleiderer and Perkins established a new factory close to th…