This is a picture of the Fox and Hounds Public House, Thorpe Village near Peterborough. Shown here is a tranquil rural scene recorded outside the Fox and Hounds between 1902-1910.
The building is believed to originate from the 16th century and was destroyed by fire in the 1920’s and replaced by the current two story building. This village is now known as Longthorpe and is an integral part of Peterborough City.
This image has been produced from an original postcard of the time. Publisher unknown, from the Jacqui Catling Collection.
This is a picture of the Fox and Hounds Public House, Thorpe Village near P…